Saturday, July 18, 2009

i'm in the south

i went home for a bit. and am still, i guess at home.
but my home spans three different states- texas, louisiana and new york.
i just got back from mississippi, visiting my grandmother. i saw my cousin who i haven't seen in around four years. which was so surreal. she had stopped being a person and just being a name and a distant memory that i could sometimes recall. she looks different than i remember her, so i took her photo. about a hundred times.

i photograph my family a lot, probably b/c they can't really tell me no. i mean, they do protest but family is family and i am constantly intrigued by them. where and how they live. the fact that they are related. that fact that they are incredibly southern.

its nice to be home but i'm starting to ache for new york city. i miss it.
though...new orleans is definitely piquing my interests for now. it also has b/c its one place that has always felt like home. but i'm starting to re-make a life here.

i got hired to shoot a calendar for a family friend's company. that is really exciting. its all photos of new orleans.

^^

sincerely,
c

2 comments:

Eunice said...

Hi, I was googling more about the boy by band of outsiders trench and came upon your blog (read it in one of your earlier posts). I'm wondering about the fit and sizing, can you email me at sayhitoeunice at gmail what size you got and your body measurements. I'm so sorry, I really want to purchase a trench coat but none of the boutiques are responding back on my email. Thanks!

Eunice said...

thank you sooo much! actually i got an email from boy this morning and recommended to size down. but i did order the trench last night (i got the navy nylon trench because the trenches coming this fall are cropped sleeves, eh i'm not really into any cropped sleeves when it comes to outerwear!)

anyway, i love your outfits! perhaps i'll stop by sometimes and delight in your covetable wardrobe! keep 'em postin'.