Friday, February 11, 2011

Fashion Week: Whit Presentation

Fashion Week started yesterday. Accompanying Ashley Hanosh, the proprietress of the clothing boutique Honey in the Rough, we trekked up to Chelsea for the Whit presentation. I prefer presentations, which is essentially like an art gallery opening but with clothes and there's no booze, over a runway show, because it gives you a chance to talk, to see the clothes up close, to even ask the models questions, and it is much much easier to photograph. The atmosphere is a lot more causal and fun, and if you have a question about the collection, the PR team and designer are right on hand to answer.

Whit is one of my favorite brands, it's super quirky and sometimes preppy. Their Fall 2011 collection was inspired by a photograph of one of the designer's friends as a child. Everything felt vintage inspired, but updated and fun, like a grown up being nostalgic for the childhood game of dressing up in your parents clothing. One of the dresses patterns is actually vintage wallpaper that they reprinted for the dress. The collection felt really cohesive and almost everything shown was oh my, I want that inducing. Everything was styled really well, in a very wearable and organic way, so that each model embodied the "Whit" girl. Notice the cool plexiglass jewelry? The designer is adding jewelry to her Whit collection.






My two favorite things:






I loved how this dress was styled and I love the cut of it, but it's really the print that I'm the most into. Horses? I want it.
This coat as well, look at the cut and the detailing of it. It's winter so the only thing on my mind right now are cold weather related things, and this coat is a knock out piece.

1 comment:

Moya said...

I can see you wearing both of those pieces, Caroline. They are so you!