Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween from New Orleans

My pre Halloween or H-ween Eve was spent rather nicely, if I do say so myself. Like Mardi Gras, tons of people flocked to New Orleans. And apparently, in the Marigny is where most people where hanging out. Frenchmen street, which is usually open to traffic, had parts of it closed off and people were jam packed in the streets, from one sidewalk to the other. It looked like Bourbon St, expect there were no strip clubs.
I ran around with these cool kids
(A shrimp fisherman and Daria-yes you should be jealous. I was with Daria)



My costume- I was Isabella Blow. I am holding a daquiri and a drano bottle.


ANd here is probably one of the best homemade costumes I've seen yet- a frosted shredded wheat.


ANd because I was in transit late Halloween night, I didn't actually go out. But during the day, I went to a luncheon and since it was Saints game day, I wore this:

Which, I mean, really prompts me to say "Who dat say they gonna beat them Saints? Who Dat??"


and that is all!
until tomorrow when i'll be updating about the Detmar Blow book signing at Anthropologie

*c*

1 comment:

Kori said...

Looks like you had a blast honey! love the costume! Kori xoxo